. Durbz Blog: Warning labels on booze

Please note that this blog has moved to http://www.marcforrest.com

Monday, February 14, 2005

Warning labels on booze



Just read on News24 that the trusty goverment is planning on putting warning labels on Booze.

Just another fanfuckingtastic idea by our trustworthy goverment. Nice one...

Except do you really think that we gonna be SOBER enough to look and be able to read the warning labels, once we are so pissed and legless ?? Go figure.

Some of the "suggested" warning labels include...

  • Alcohol may impair your driving. Don't drink and drive. -> Um, my car goes just dandy when I'm pissed, thanks...
  • Don't drink and walk in the road - alcohol kills. -> Please see above, I dont walk when I drink, I DRIVE
  • Alcohol may increase personal injuries. -> I have never cut myself once while pissed, never even stubbed a toe..sooo
  • Alcohol leads to violence and crime. -> I once saw a woman in Cape Town beating up her husband, must have been the plonk ?
  • Alcohol abuse endangers your health. -> Hey, I'm still halthy. I finished a Case on Friday, and i'm here to tell the tale. Ok, maybe the boep is a give away, but I can still run, sometimes.
  • Alcohol is addictive. -> No shit Sherlock...Thats why Im still pissed...
  • Using alcohol during your pregnancy could be detrimental to your unborn baby. -> Fok dit, my baby was born almost 3 weeks ago, and she is doing just Dandy, THANKS...
Eish, I think I need a drink...



No comments: